Sunday, December 14, 2008

Disneyland at Christmas

My parents and I took Addie down to Disneyland this week and it was so much fun! The only negative was that Jonah had to work and couldn't join us this trip. Once again Addie loved all of the characters, the parades and the shows. She is starting to figure out the ride situation and didn't give us too much trouble when it was time to exit. Her favorites beyond what is pictured here were the train, the Muppets 3-D movie, the carousel and the ladybug ride. It is so different to see Disneyland through the eyes of a child.Addie waiting for the parade to start...
I had not been to Disneyland during Christmas but it was amazing, I have never seen so many lights and the parade/snow was a sight to see. Below is "It's a Small World" at night.
This is the same ride during the day...Addie with Grandma & Papa.
Addie with Santa...she ran right up and jumped in his lap but no smiles for the camera. The attraction had live reindeer as well which were really cool.
If you know a two year old then you know that this age is when minor obsessions begin. Addie is currently in a "Tinkerbell" phase; she would watch the movie 3 times a day if we would let her. There is currently a Tinkerbell attraction at Disneyland where you get to meet some of the fairies and talk to them. We waited for over an hour not sure what to expect and I can tell you it was well worth it. Addie was speechless, shocked and overwhelmed. None of the pictures truly grasped her reaction but they give you a little bit of an idea.





Dumbo was a big hit!
This is the FIRST time Addie has ever fallen asleep in her stroller...we didn't think it was possible.

2 comments:

Chris and Bethany said...

I wish I could have gone to Disneyland. I think it's been almost 25 years since my last visit. ;-(

Aaron Marshall said...

I love the pic of her talking to Tinker bell- it's too cute!
Bummer we missed you guys
maybe next time. We can't wait to hear what your having
take care