Thursday, January 8, 2009

Our Precious Baby Boy!!!

I have continually said that God has a sense of humor and He has yet to fail me. I fully admit that anyone who asked me what I wanted got the "girl" response as I wanted Addie to have a sister. That said, everyone tried to tell me it is a boy and I think I was living in denial. Jonah new from day one.
Before Lisa (the ultrasound tech) even told us I saw the tell tale sign and was suddenly filled with so many emotions. I can't explain it except to say that I am truly excited and nervous all at the same time. We have been so ensconced in everything little girl that this is a completely new adventure.

I find it so fitting that as my Granddaddy left this earth a new little boy has been sent to fill his place. My Granddaddy was one of my favorite people and I can only pray that this little man has his faith, compassion, and sense of humor.
For now we begin the hunt for names, the middle name will be William (that was my grandfather's name) and seems so appropriate for this time in our lives.

1 comment:

J said...

WOOOHOOOO! I LOVE THAT U R HAVING A BOY!!! Addie will be a big sis, jonah will have someone to golf with (although I think Addie could have taken care of that as well) I love you babe & am so happy for you.